The Douglasville Seventh-day Adventist School family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
The Douglasville Seventh-day Adventist School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student and staff member to:
- have a better knowledge of God and apply the knowledge to their day-to-day lives.
- develop a Christ-like character.
- develop their intellectual abilities to their highest degree possible, and learn the ability to think and act independently.
- have a sense of honesty, integrity, and justice.
- have self-respect, and to treat all people with respect and dignity, regardless of race, religion and culture.
- cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
The Douglasville Seventh-day Adventist School is operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.